Sunday, February 9, 2014

The rising sun

Still living in Paris since three autumns ago and been seeing God's hand and answers more than many times in my life and I am grateful that He was beside me every moment I needed it. I know His plans for my life are the best and I choose to trust Him and wait upon Him always.
 Some verses that encouraged me recently through a friend, from Jeremiah 1:11,12 "The word of the LORD came to me saying, "What do you see, Jeremiah?" And I said, "I see a rod of an almond tree." Then the LORD said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it." And I loved this passage and it remained in my heart because it's carrying a message of hope. God is watching that His will to be done, His word to be fulfilled. He is watching over us so that His will to be done in our lives. What He says and what He promises He keeps, He fulfills, He gives, He does. He is watchful when we need something so we can have it, He watches to make sure that His children are being blessed and they prosper. Also He watches to make sure that we are living in His will - even if we will fall He continues to lift us up, to forgive us, to love us, over and over again. He is watching over us so that we may grow in faith and be strengthened in Him.
 God is so good! He wants to be sure that you have everything you need to remain in Him, and to continue to trust Him. God knows what you're going through right now, and He says "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." because He loves you with an everlasting love and He can't stop thinking about you.
I've been praying for something new, something fresh in my life and I received the answer. Sometimes it's worth the waiting. And as I came to Romania to see my dentist, my staying here got to be longer than i planned it but it turned to be something beautiful and unexpected. One day a friend wrote me about a mission trip to Jordan to help the syrian refugees there and it lit something in my heart and it made me want to go. It's incredible how God put things together and everything went well and i could go with other three people, also my best friends. They have great hearts for loving God and serving Him and sharing His love with other people, with those in need and it's been an honor to be part of this team- i haven't been on (a) mission for four years but my heart still beats for this and I hope to go back there, on missions, for a full time soon.
The sun is rising above the clouds at 6 am in the morning carrying a new hope, a fresh start for each one of us. "Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." We had a 18h layover in Istanbul so we had time to visit the city around for a few hours. So here are some photos from our tour in Istanbul:
6am waiting for our flight
in Istanbul, having breakfast and some turkish tea
visiting the Blue Mosque
The Basilica Cistern
soup - that probably Ian would like it more than me- it was spicy;
he told me his roommate made him soup one day - i think it was the same
a delicious lunch at Tamara's restaurant. enjoying a chiken kebab
at the bazaar. always full of people
with beni and elisa and andreea behing the camera. love them.
spicy condiments
between Europe and Asia
The Bosphorus strait, between the new and the old Istanbul

my beautiful friends.

Can you find me??

No comments:

Post a Comment